Unfortunately due to the current issues around COVID-19 all face to face yoga sessions are sadly postponed until further notice, we are continuing to monitor the situation closely.
However Jackie has launched this ONLINE baby yoga and massage class during the lockdown to encourage women to continue to do something amazing with their babies at this difficult time.
This interactive class will be on ZOOM so that other mothers and babies can join in, making the class feel like a community, something we all need right now. Classes starting June 1st.
ZENBABY – Baby Yoga – 6 week course – Monday’s 11am For more information click here
Jackie is also offering private yoga sessions tailored to the individual Mum and Baby, which are now live and interactive online, for £55 per hour, to book please contact Jackie directly on 07813 069529 or [email protected]
We cannot wait to see you soon to help you through this current lockdown isolation. Remember – you are NOT alone.
Studies have shown that babies who receive nurturing touch through holding, massage and other forms of physical contact gain weight faster, are calmer and have better intellectual and motor development.
Babies enjoy being swung, rocked, stroked, massaged, gently stretched and sung to.
Yoga gives them this stimulus they so require and helps expend their energies, making them feel less frustrated, happier, calmer and able to sleep better.
• Gently encourages the opening of babies chest and lungs, enables baby to breathe more effectively
• Brings more oxygen into the body helping baby’s nervous system and internal muscles and organs to work more effectively and efficiently
• Strengthens and tones muscles, keeping the spine straight and supple
• Baby yoga and massage classes encourage mum and baby to take some time out from the demands of daily life to connect through positive interaction, awareness and nurturing
• The communication encouraged through baby yoga and massage helps baby develop a sense of trust around them. This develops baby’s confidence and self-esteem
• Develops limbic system – the experience of emotion
And of course there’s plenty of post-natal yoga benefits for Mums too!
• By encouraging new mums to breathe deeply, yoga classes help to develop a sense of calm and revitalisation.
• Shows new mums ways of holding their baby and transitioning between holds
• Builds confidence in understanding your baby’s needs
• Learning to release tension in the body can help a parent realise they have been feeling stressed, and may help them to identify and then work with balancing those areas of tension.
• Encourages self-belief as a mum.
• Baby yoga classes provide an opportunity for mums to have some time for inner reflection.
• Learning how to relax deeply for a few minutes can be as rewarding as sleep and can be practised whilst feeding, or comforting baby. Knowing this can help mum to recharge batteries throughout the day whilst looking after the baby.
• Helps mum to realign her body after birthing, restoring physical balance.
• Make new buddies and have fun!
ZenMuma Baby Yoga classes place emphasis on being able to take-away the skills and techniques you learn and really use them at home. Each class is packed with movements for your baby that gently encourage natural development. Suitable for babies up until they are crawling.